Last night, we posted a picture on Facebook to announce to the world that we were adopting! This picture sparked an amazing number of likes/comments/private messages and we are overwhelmed with the amount of support that we are receiving from friends and family! Thank you! But something else pretty amazing happened when we posted this picture. We found another family within walking distance who is also adopting. She reached out to us via facebook and we found that we are both in the dreaded waiting period. I'm so excited to have found someone so close that is going through the exact same thing as we are. I think I actually asked "can we be best friends?!"
First comes love (CHECK) Then comes marriage (CHECK) Then comes....a journey of infertility, heartbreak, and mountains of paper!
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Happy Homestudy Day!
Happy Anniversary & Happy Homestudy Day to Pete and I. We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary and completed our homestudy today! We are so excited to be through the mountains of paperwork and be officially PAPER PREGNANT! For those who have been wondering, our next step is to wait! We will be finishing our profile key in the coming weeks, which will give the agency an idea of what type of child we are going to parent. This key allows us to choose race and birthmother history. We have chosen to keep our exact choices private. We do not get to choose gender, and there is a high likelihood that we will not know the gender until the baby is born. Rest assured that we will continue to share details during the matching process as we can. We have a job to protect the privacy of the birth mother, and we plan on honoring that. We encourage you to follow this blog for all of our updates.
Last night, we posted a picture on Facebook to announce to the world that we were adopting! This picture sparked an amazing number of likes/comments/private messages and we are overwhelmed with the amount of support that we are receiving from friends and family! Thank you! But something else pretty amazing happened when we posted this picture. We found another family within walking distance who is also adopting. She reached out to us via facebook and we found that we are both in the dreaded waiting period. I'm so excited to have found someone so close that is going through the exact same thing as we are. I think I actually asked "can we be best friends?!"
Last night, we posted a picture on Facebook to announce to the world that we were adopting! This picture sparked an amazing number of likes/comments/private messages and we are overwhelmed with the amount of support that we are receiving from friends and family! Thank you! But something else pretty amazing happened when we posted this picture. We found another family within walking distance who is also adopting. She reached out to us via facebook and we found that we are both in the dreaded waiting period. I'm so excited to have found someone so close that is going through the exact same thing as we are. I think I actually asked "can we be best friends?!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YAY I'm so excited for you guys!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Linh for all of your support!
ReplyDelete